A. Nationality Standard
- Applicant and both parents must be non-Korean citizens.(A Taiwanese applicant with one parent of Taiwanese citizenship is classified as an international student for application purpose)
※ Notes on Qualification
- Application is restricted to the students with dual nationality.
- Regular educational courses under the law of either Korea or the corresponding countries will be recognized
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Master's degree or equivalent
Combined Master's and Doctorate programs
※ Important notes for Type 2
1) Applicant must choose same major which s/he is currently studying
2) Those who have already completed master’s program or who are currently taking a leave
of absence in Dong-A university can not apply for this admission.
3) Successful candidates must not take a leave of absence by (2019. 3. 1)
4) Need to submit certificate of enrollment and recommendation letter
B. Academic Standard
※ Definition of Type 1 and Type 2
1. Type 1 : Applicant who applied for “Combined Master's and Doctorate programs” for his/her admission at the beginning.
2. Type 2 : Dong-A University student who are currently attending his/her 3rd or 4th semester in master’s program applies for
“Combined Master's and Doctorate programs”
※ For both types, students are not required to write a thesis and admission fee for doctoral program will be exempted.
C. Language Requirements
① All applicants must have one of the following language test scores or higher
5.5 (6.5 for Applicants to Tourism Management)
※ Applicant must submit one out of above language test result
※ Above test results within two years from the test date will be accepted
※ For those whose test results will be out after the application submission period can submit the result directly to the office of International Affairs of Dong-A University before 11th January(Fri), 2019 and admission will be rejected if it is not submitted within time.
② Language requirements can be exempted if the applicant falls under one of the following conditions
Applicant who has completed the secondary or higher education(undergraduate) in countries where their mother tongue language is English
- Certificate of completion of the secondary or higher education in countries where their mother tongue language is English. (Certificate of English language proficiency test score can be submitted if possessed by the applicant).
- Applicant will be interviewed for final acceptance
Applicant for Arts &
- Certificate of English language proficiency test score can be submitted if possessed by the applicant.
- Final acceptance will be made after the interview
* Those who meets above mentioned English language standards can only apply for the English Track. English track students may be asked to take korean language class according to the university policy